|Maggid ben Yoseif / Jerusalem Torah Voice in Exile|
As many are astonished concerning you thus: "an outline from a man!" ... "his features mirror the sons of Adam!" Thus he shall startle many nations. Concerning him, kings (rulers) shall shut their mouths because that which was not told to them they shall see and that they had not heard they shall meditate to themselves.
(Literal translation of Isaiah 52:14-15)
return address removed
telephone number removed
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Note this same letter with individual handwritten notes was sent to all 100 U.S. Senators and hand-delivered to the U.S. Senate receiving offices.
RE: IDENTITY CONSIDERATIONS pertaining to the failed bi-partisan immigration reform and pertaining to U.S. Foreign Policy in Israel promoting a non-contiguous Palestinian State in Judea-Samaria.
1. The bi-partisan immigration measure may have failed because the American public does not yet comprehend the spiritual underpinnings that identify this massive wave of immigrants. In its current form, the immigration measure also was not properly respectful of these people described in Genesis 48 as “Great M’nashe.” See “Whose America: The massing of M’nashe in the American Southwest,” which is linked on the index page of my website and, as with all of my other writings, newsletters and on-line manuscripts, are without charge.
2. The Road Map to Peace in the Middle East promoting a Palestinian state in Judea-
3. By supporting a Palestinian state in Judea-Samaria instead of the biblical Zechariah Plan, the State Department is promoting a policy that compromises the birthright of Jacob and gives it to the “House of Esau.” No greater curse resulting from cursing Israel may fall on a nation, unless it would be for rebuilding Babylon (Iraq) the nation that destroyed the Jerusalem Temple.
4. The House of Esau, as Obadiah addresses the Palestinians living in the possessions of Joseph, has been drawn to the mindset and ideology devoted to Allah, which is a mindset of judgment and retribution. This Allah is identified by name in the Torah (Deuteronomy 29:11,13) and is explained as the Lord’s “imprecation” or the means to enforce His covenant with Jewish and non-Jewish Israel around the globe. The Jewish concept of sh’tuf allows much leeway and tolerance for other’s beliefs. The Gospel of “Jesus Christ” may not ignore the plight of Israel for it is incomplete without the “easy” task of Isaiah 49:6-8 “to first raise up the tribes of Jacob and restore the nitzerei (exiles) of Israel.” Perhaps Palestinians will hear the words of Obadiah, since he is the only prophet of Israel to descend from Esau. The World’s religions CAN interact and complement one another, sometimes with synergetic results. Mutual respect for a nation or people or culture’s spiritual beliefs should be fundamental and a basis for dialogue about religion to discover the unifying factors about which former Secretary Madelyn Albright wrote in her book, “The Mighty and the Almighty.” Her approach is right on. My personal attempts at identifying some of these unifying factors, are mentioned in The spiritual dimension of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict: 'The Mighty and the Almighty' and Abraham's seed.
5. U.S. foreign policy toward Israel must not be by the standard of AMERICA’S best interests alone. We must follow a more sure path and at least consider the writings of the 8th Century BCE prophets. These writings about Israel’s interaction with the nations in the Last Days show the U.S. State Department and its Bush Road Map to be at loggerheads with the God of Israel and His plan to use Judea-Samaria for the purpose it was named: To return and reunite two historically feuding families of Israel. The houses of Judah to the South and Joseph to the North have never reconciled in 3,500 years that include a civil war and the Northern Tribes of Israel aligning with Syria against the Southern Tribes of Judah before their separate exiles 136 years apart. This is unfinished business for the God of Israel. The Jews have returned but the Joes who know they are Joes – about 2.5 million worldwide at this juncture but this does not include “Great M’nashe” -- await an invitation.
6. The other family of the House of Joseph – Ephraim -- according to the Bible and research by Jewish scholars, dwells in the greatest concentration in the “coastlands” including those of the United States. Therefore, as the coming Earth changes inundate coastal regions and as the U.S. tightens its borders, the “House of Joseph” who will return to reconcile and reunite with the House of Judah, is shaping up to be a “worldwide refugee population.” Since the world now exists in a “settled” condition, The Rambam (Moses ben Maimomides) declared that a sample population – such as coastal refugees -- would represent the majority of the land. This Rov or majority is mentioned in a worldwide context referring to Joseph-Ephraim in Genesis 48 and again in Romans 11, as the “fullness of the Gentiles.” An historic moment has arrived upon the world.
At some point in our diplomacy between Israel and the Palestinians, this Senate should modify the road map or abolish it altogether. Instead, encourage the government of Israel to begin preparing to receive this huge refugee population descended from Joseph as per Jeremiah 31:15-18.
7. There is the growing concern in Israel that since Samaria includes the oil-rich Jezreel Valley and Megiddo that the Saudi influence behind the Bush plan is designed to keep the oil in the Arab family via a Palestinian state in Judea-Samaria. As I wrote in an editorial years ago, the biggest economic incentive for Israel not to yield the territories of Joseph to a Palestinian state is the existence of massive but hard to reach oil deposits at Rosh Ha’ayin, the “Head of the Eye.” Curiously this region is located at the “eye” in the outline on my letterhead. Meggido, which will be the site of future refineries and trunk lines, lies directly atop the crown, literally paving the way to fulfill the promise of “blessings of the deep” on the crown of the head of Joseph.
8. The transgressions of America against Judea-Samaria (for which America has merited the curse associated with cursing Israel) include restricting and banning new settlements, removing existing settlements and escalating the conflict by arming it. And to America’s shame, we have supported, promoted and given hope to a Palestinian state in this region in brazen opposition of the Will of the Holy One of Israel. As we must now retreat from this position and its tentacles reaching into Arab oil fields, we can expect further condemnation from the Islamic world and its mindset.
9. Ideologically at least, the U.S. policies against “the mountains of Israel” (located almost entirely in Judea-Samaria) identifies America – not Russia – as the emerging power of Gog now with a base from the region of Togormah (the Tigris River valley of Iraq and Turkey). In the long-term, ideas tend to result in actions. (See our Succot 2005 Newsletter and the article titled “George W. Bush, Gog and the ‘anti-Christ.”)
10. Finally, consider the feelings of many Native Americans 400 years after Jamestown. As part of a Senate resolution, call for the return of all Native American bones in museums and other displays for proper burial. This would include the Skull and Bones society at Yale University which uses the skull of Geronimo and femur bones in an unclean ritual. My main purpose for coming to the East Coast from Colorado was to attend the Native commemoration of the 400th anniversary of Jamestown and afterwards to hand-deliver to someone in authority in Washington or at the White House a letter from Ada Fasthorse, the greatest granddaughter of Geronimo. Ada is asking for the return of her grandfather’s remains.
Robbing a grave merits a curse because of the sanctity of the deceased. The Apache compare this curse to a wheel. “What goes around comes around.” The Bible states, “What you sow, you reap” and a “curse without a cause does not come.” Until an Apache curse is somehow remedied, the victims not only will be judged in a way that compares somehow with the action that brought the curse, but they are also said to be in “the metote” or “the fog of the mind.” Since many tenants of U.S foreign policy come out of Yale, it is not unreasonable to discern that the curse the Bush Road Map is bringing on the U.S. also results from this skullduggery of Geronimo and muddled logic. This is because the “beheading of Joseph,” represented by the Bush Road Map, hands Joseph’s head on a platter to Esau, and defiles the Nameplace of the very tombs of the Patriarchs and the righteous dead buried in Judea-Samaria. By the way, please refer to it by the proper name. It was “the West Bank” (of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan) for only 19 years when under Jordanian rule. Its name for the past 2000 years as reflected in the New Testament is Judea-Samaria. This name is a constant reminder of the need for these two families to reconcile, which is difficult when Palestinians also are in the mix.
To help my government avoid future curses, I have two recommendations:
A) In accord with the request of Emory Holmes, medicine man at Hotevilla at Third Mesa in Old Oraibi, AZ and Tenrivers, spiritual leader of the Membreno Apache in SW Colorado, “Remember to separate between what is holy and what is common.” In the world of these Native spiritual leaders this means “Keep military installations and chemical, nuclear and other hazardous waste out of the Sacred Four Corners Region.”
B) As to who SHOULD rule – distinct from who is qualified to rule -- the prophet Isaiah had a specific warning for the children of Israel. In the context of a curse, Isaiah wrote, “And I will give children to be their princes and babes shall rule over them.” (3:4). And again in 3:12, in the context of a curse deserved by the wicked, “As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O My People (a reference to Israel in exile), they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.”
Crow (Eagle) Chief Gary Pretty Paint has a received a vision of a permanent change to the Eastern coastline. “We have four years,” he told me and added that years of famine would follow. If this occurs, the next leader of America must be able to lead through difficult times and have the necessary compassion and value for human life above all else.
Senator, I would appreciate your acknowledgment of receiving and reading these comments and stand ready to answer any questions of a spiritual nature.
Maggid ben Yoseif
(hand-written personal comments erased)